Sunday, June 10, 2012

Teaching Alma Chapter 4-7 in the Book of Mormon by Karen

Alma Ch. 4-7 Magazine Cover Parody
I've decided to upload the supplementary materials I create for Gospel Doctrine (Sunday School) class. This is for use in conjunction with Lesson 22 of Book of Mormon: Gospel Doctrine Teacher's Manual published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

The image to the left is a parody of a magazine cover. The image of Alma the Younger in the background is a portion of a painting that is a standard supplementary material provided for teachers by the Church.

The worksheet to the lower left (Alma's Spirituality Self-Eval) starts with an abridged collection of questions from Alma's chapter 5 sermon. I've formatted it as a self-evaluation that allows students to rate themselves in each area. Rather than have students fill this out in front of their peers, I simply give it to them as something they can use during their personal scripture study or journal writing time. I also remind them that this worksheet is not about evaluating their self-worth. (As children of God, our worth and potential is infinite!)  The worksheet ends with a short goal-writing activity.
Alma's Spirituality Self-Eval

When I taught this lesson, I used the magazine article titles as a framework for the reading and discussion. I provided each student with both documents on one double-sided sheet of paper. I printed the magazine cover parody in black and white, and was pleased to find that the image wasn't too dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment