Sunday, March 7, 2010

Possible Baby Names 2010 by Karen

Note: Please tell us which of these baby names most pleases you. However, keep the following ground rules in mind:

Because we want our children to have lots of options in life, we have determined that we will give two middle names in addition to a first name and a last name to each child born to us.

I have long intended to name my first born manchild, Samuel, after the prophet Samuel, who was born as a miracle to Hannah, according to the biblical story. It is also important to Justin and I that we refer to our first son casually as "Larry." After the "Pinky and the Brain" episode entitled, "Pinky and the Brian, and Larry." Just as Pinky and the Brain felt the rupture of newness upon the insertion of "Larry" into their lives, Justin and I--often feeling that we are both Pinky and the Brain--anticipate just such a rupturious newness in our relationship with the arrival of our progeny. Hence, some variation of "Samuel Lawrence" is necessary should we bear a son this year.

Baby Name Possibilities are as Follows:
1. Samuel Sebastian Lawrence
2. Bufort Ebenezer Wilford
3. Darcy Herman Ross
4. Thalia Marie Fenella
5. Clio Astrid Elspeth
6. Eliot Darius Reginald
7. Edwin Harrison Amadeus
8. Amelia Eliose Ardelis
9. Melpomene Christine Awena
10. Hamlin Cyrus Alphonse
11. Axel Bjorn Armande
12. Calhoun Dahl Clyde
13. Polyhymnia Arlette Shakina
14. Erato Ansel Pembroke
15. Terpsichore Braith Melisande
16. Calliope Sveta Qwara
17. Willoughby Wilbur Stanislaus
18. Burian Bunbury Tedros
19. Urania Ife Cai
20. Euterpe Tesla Qetsalxochitl
21. Vladamir Claude Rex
22. Arthur Broderick Jamison

7 comments:

  1. Check out this website. It's got some real gems. http://wesclark.com/ubn/ By the way, I like Axel Bjorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen your crazy... these don't give the children of your future more options... It gives them really long names. My faves are 6, 11, 10, 9, and 8. That being said my opinion is that -If I am more apt to refer to them by their number on this list then by the name itself they might be a little crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. :) I don't go to the doctor until next week, but we're basically due in October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorites: #1, 11, 4, 22 and 17. I recommend not going with #13 as the first name sounds like a drug or a disease (sorry, I've worked for the last eight months in the ER). I also recommend not going with #19 as the child will be teased mercilessly.

    Does this mean we are blogging friends?? I am so excited:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen. I just saw this. What if you have a girl?

    ReplyDelete